Saturday, October 30, 2010

Regionals make it or break it...

The swim season is rounding the end but I'm still pumped. I have trained long and hard for this meet.

I swim 6 events in total:
1) 50m Freestyle... I come second.
2) 50m Butterfly... I come first.
3) 50m Backstroke... I come second.
4) 100m Freestyle... I own it.
5) 200m IM relay... we own it.
6) 200m Freestyle relay... we own it.

If you come first, second or third your on your  way to Provincials (this year they were in Kamloops). So as you can see I qualified in 6 events. There are swimmers who go to  Regionals but never Provincials.

I have been lucky and have qualified for Provincials every year I have been swimming.

The Regional meet is fun but nerve racking. In swimming there is something called a DQ it's not a trip to Dairy Queen it's a disqualification. The rules in swimming are specific. As an example. In Breaststroke you must touch the wall at the end of your race with two hands, if you touch with one hand you will go to Dairy Queen. The same rule applies to Butterfly.

This post doesn't have room for all the rules in swimming but those are a few of them for you guys.

The meet was all in all success for me and I'm on my way to Provincials...

At the beginning of the meet I was not nervous that I would not make Provincials. Let me tell you it's not easy to stay back when the starter says "Take your marks" cause if you move before the start your runnin' back to Dairy Queen.

In general I felt really good with my swimming at the meet given that i was very sick 2 days before the meet. I had to go to the doctor and they gave me medication to fix me up.

Swimming sick isn't easy but I didn't take my eyes off the PROVINCIAL GOLD...
N


This was my first buzz of the year. It says FAST

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!! I like how you kept calling it Dairy Queen. And have you ever gotten Provincial Gold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes happy halloween austyn. Sorry can't answer your question now you will have to keep on reading
    Stay tuned
    N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting... Well I will definitely "stayed tuned" to read the rest of your posts! And to reiterate... A very Happy Halloween to you to... again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definitely stay tuned as well! Great idea to find a way to keep your followers on the edge of their computer chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WILL ALSO STAY TUNED AS EVERYBODY IS SAYING!!!!! I like how you call it Dairy Queen. But do you like Dairy Queen though?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry: Who shaved "fast" ON your head?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Dad did. I also do like Dairy Queen Jade. Thanks Mme Miles!
    Stay tuned
    N

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nick
    Cool topic! I have a question. How many times have you come first in the provincial competition? And was it easy or hard? keep posting!

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  9. You will have to keep on reading nathan i will have the answers to that...
    Stay tuned
    N

    ReplyDelete